Tracking Download Stats



As a part of the accountability to the Burroughs Wellcome Fund, I have been trying to find a way to track the download stats for things I offer on my Stimulating Science Simulations website.
In particular, I wanted to be able to state the number of times a simulation unit has been downloaded in comparison to the number of feedback forms received. After several failed attempts, I finally came across a very simple method.
Bitmoji ImageIt relies on the use of shortened URLs created with a free account at bit.ly
Bitmoji ImageBit.ly tracks clicks on the shortened URLs and these are immediately available in the stats section.
I am pretty excited about this and glad I haven't already added too many things that I will want to link in this way.  I only have a few items to re-link and a reliable method for linking from this point forward in order to collect trackable data.
There may be other tools that provide even more detailed information, but for now I am satisfied.
If you have another method that works or if you have tried this, I would love to hear about your experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 E Posters

Science Essential Standard 4.E.2.3

NC Essential Standards for Science Lesson Plan Templates