Writing is my Jam

Calling all creative writers!  Summertime is a great time for getting your jam on.  How about an online summer writing camp to get your creative juices going?  I'm tapping into Boomwriter this summer to offer a fun alternative to traditional summer camps.  So many times families have to choose between sending kids to summer camp or traveling together.  Well, with an online camp you can do both!

I'm looking for 10 -15 students who have just completed 3rd-5th grade to work together on a creative writing project.  I will provide the storystarter and everyone will write their own version of the next chapter.  I will provide guidance, feedback, and suggestions for revision.  Students will revise and then they will read each other's chapters.  Everyone will vote on their favorite version and the next day they will all pick up where that writer left off to start the process again.  By the end of the week, we will have a completed story which will be published and shipped to each young author.

This is a brand new type of summer camp for me and I am thrilled to be able to take advantage of technology in this way to work with budding authors across the globe.

If you are interested in learning more or you are ready to register a student for camp, just follow the link to the Writing is my Jam summer camp registration.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 E Posters

Science Essential Standard 4.E.2.3

NC Essential Standards for Science Lesson Plan Templates