Bitmoji Image
I've had numerous experiences with whiteboards, virtual learning, online professional development, and tutoring via chat rooms.  Most tools are either expensive or have limited functionality.  Today I hosted a webinar using Scribblar.  The process couldn't have been easier.  I provided some information about myself and had a free account in minutes.  I was then able to create a virtual learning room with a custom name and generate a password that kept the room private.  Only people with the URL and password could enter.  It allowed me to add pages, upload images, use video and audio, and much more.
I fumbled around a little bit, but it really wasn't difficult to generate 5 pages to share during a 2 hour webinar.  The webinar should have had about 30 people attending, but only 3 actually showed up.  The 4 of us were able to have a really in depth conversation about what is working in our science classes.  We talked about developing a science fair and encouraging students to complete science fair projects.  I shared some of my most useful spreadsheets, certificates, scoring sheets, and tips as well.  These are available in a password protected page on my website.  If you want to take a look at them, just leave your request in the comment section below along with your email address and I'll gladly send you the password.  This was an outreach partnership that I agreed to help facilitate between Fayetteville State University and Bladen Co. science teachers.
I'm excited about the prospects of using Scribblar.  I had difficulty finding a way to archive the pages in a way that others could view each page one at a time.  After the webinar, I copied all of the information to page 1 so that others could scroll down the page and view the links.  That is my only complaint.  I guess that's not too bad.
Hoping to set up some more webinars in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 E Posters

Science Essential Standard 4.E.2.3

NC Essential Standards for Science Lesson Plan Templates