Travel Diary - Niagara Falls

  Today was spent experiencing the Niagara Falls Aquarium and the American side of the falls. Over the years, I've spent plenty of time at the falls.  It is always a great place to visit and a nice place to spend time with family. This time I wanted to get some pictures and video that could enhance my science lessons too. I wasn't disappointed.  




We spent about an hour in the aquarium. (It isn't very big.) The turtles, anemones, poison frogs, penguins, seahorses and sea lions were a big hit.


 I got some great shots that I can definitely use as discussion starters while meeting NC science essential standard 5.L.2 Understand the interdependence of plants and animals with their ecosystem.


We headed over to the falls and walked around a little before deciding to splurge on a ride on "The Maid of the Mist."  As many times as I've been to the falls, this is something I have never done.  The pictures and video I got while riding the boat are well worth it. I found out that my phone and iPod Touch work well even when there is water driving at you pretty hard. After the boat ride, we walked up the steps beside the falls.  I think we got even more wet doing this.  So much for the plastic poncho!  Alright so where do I plan on using this experience? How about NC essential standard 4.E.2.3 Give examples of how the surface of the earth changes due to slow processes such as erosion and weathering, and rapid processes such as landslides, volcanic eruptions, and earthquakes. 


Enjoy the pictures and make sure to stop by to check out the lesson plans once I get them developed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 E Posters

Science Essential Standard 4.E.2.3

NC Essential Standards for Science Lesson Plan Templates