Day 3 Science in the Rockies


All good things must come to an end… and so it is that the end of Science in the Rockies 2011 has arrived.  This morning was magnetic, electrifying, and a real shot in the arm!
I mean all of that very literally.  We took the Total challenge and found the iron.  Steve made us all Money Smoothies rich in iron 
(ok – so we didn’t all get to have one but we watched him do it). 

I learned that electric pickles are awesome; so I’ll be stopping by the grocery store before going to science camp this week.  All graffiti isn’t bad.  LED graffiti is cool. Having a game of tug-o-war at the family reunion will never be as entertaining as the potato gun fight at SITR11!!

If you don’t believe me, then you’ll just have to see it for yourself.  Given the opportunity, spending time at a Steve Spangler event will exceed your every expectation.  You walk away with knowledge, experience, and “the stuff” you need to “do science” with your students.  I’ve never seen a more professional, organized, capable group of presenters and I’ve been to more than my fair share of conferences in the past 13 years.

What was my primary take away from this conference?  It’s hard to pick just one but I suppose it would be this…
As I prepare to offer a science camp to my 4th & 5th grade students for the next 3 weeks I pledge to remember that when it comes to “doing science”, anything worth doing is worth OVERDOING!!!

Thanks a bunch Steve, Carly, Doug, Julie, and the Gang!!

Comments

  1. Heather - Thanks so much for your kind words. I'll share your posts with everyone next week. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for making science fun for your kids at camp. Please send us pictures or video of you and your campers in action.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 E Posters

Science Essential Standard 4.E.2.3

NC Essential Standards for Science Lesson Plan Templates